Interesting facts of Hinduism. Read interesting facts about Hinduism here.
1. The original name of Hinduism is Sanatana Dharma.
The original name of Hinduism is Sanatana Dharma. The term Hindu was used by the Greeks to describe people living around the Indus River.
2. Sanatana Dharma is the most ancient religion.
It originated at least 4500 years ago. That is why this religion is the most ancient religion.
3. Hinduism actually believes in only one God, but worships their many forms.
Actually there is only one God in this religion, but their forms are different. Due to which they are worshiped in many forms.
4. Hinduism has 4 goals (Dharma, Artha, Kama and Moksha) in life.
The goal of every Hindu is to protect the religion, its meaning, its karma, and finally salvation.
5. Hinduism is the third largest religion.
Hinduism is the third largest religion after Christianity and Islam. The population of this religion is about 1.08 billion.
6. 90% of Hindus live in India (Hindustan).
90% of the world’s Hindus live in India.
7. The Rig Veda was written 3800 years ago, which gives evidence of being the oldest of Hinduism.
The Rigveda is an ancient Veda, written in the Sanskrit language. It was written about 3800 years ago, indicating that Sanatana (Hindu) religion is the oldest religion.
8. 108 is a sacred number in Hinduism and is considered auspicious.
108 has been a sacred number for Hindus for a long time. The prayer garland (worshiping and chanting) of Hindus is also studded with 108 beads.
9. In Hinduism, both Goddesses and Gods (Male and Female) are worshiped with equal reverence.
Both Goddesses and Goddesses are worshiped equally, as many festivals of Hindu Gods are celebrated, as many festivals of Goddesses are also celebrated.
10. Om is actually considered to be an expression of consciousness in sound form.
Om – Om is the most sacred word and mantra in Hinduism. In this religion it is chanted before any mantra.
11. There is no founder of Hinduism.
Because it is the most ancient religion, that is why no one knows by whom and when this religion was founded.
12. Angkor Wat is the defining temple complex of Cambodia, it was originally a Hindu temple.
This temple was built by Suryavarman in the 12th century. This temple was built for the worship of Lord Vishnu.
13. Sanskrit language is the most commonly used language in Hindu texts.
Sanskrit language is the main language of Hindus. All the texts of Hindus are written in Sanskrit language itself.
14. Hinduism encourages vegetarian food.
This religion does not teach killing any kind of creature. Therefore, this religion inspires a pure vegetarian diet.
15. Kumbh Mela is the world’s largest spiritual convergence ceremony.
More than 30 million people congregate in Kumbh. That is why it is called the world’s largest spiritual concentration ceremony.
Click Here to read our Other Blogs.
Click Here to go to Home Page.